Cyber Threats in the News
- Toll Group shuts down systems and goes manual after cyber attack (The Loadstar, February 2020)
- US Coast Guard Says Ryuk Ransomware Took Down Maritime Facility (Sky Statement, December 2019)
- Under attack: Fleets a growing target for hackers (Commercial Carrier Journal, December 2019)
- Ryuk Ransomware LIkely Behind New Orleans Cyberattack (Bleeping Computer, December 2019)
- Cyberattack, Ransomware Hobbles New Orleas City Government (New York Times, December 2019)
- Cyber pirates targeting logistics and transportation companies (Cyren Security Blog, May 2018)
- Trucking Industry Has Become a Top Target of Ransomware Attacks (Transport Topics, October 2019)
- Stunning Huawei Confirmation—1 Million Cyberattacks Every Day (Forbes, October 2019)
- Supply Chain Facing Increased Cyber Attacks (Material Handling & Logistics, October 2019)
- US hospitals opt for paying hackers to survive Ryuk ransomware attack (Hard Fork, October 2019)
- DCH Hospital System pays Russian hackers in ransomware attack (Alabama Political Reporter, October 2019)
- Ransomware Cyberattacks Knock Baltimore's City Services Offline (NPR, May 2019)
- Rolling back Ryuk Ransomware (Sophos News, October 2019)
- New York school faces Ryuk Ransomware attack: pays BTC worth $88000 (Coinnounce, August 2019)
- Long Island Ransomware Attack: New York School Pays $100000 (MSSP Alert, October 2019)
- 7 Florida municipalities have fallen prey to Cyber-attacks since last year (Naples Daily News, August 2019)
- Ransomware attacks are on the rise and the criminals are winning (New Scientist, July 2019)
- United States: Ransomware Reminders: Implementing Best Practices & Avoiding the Biggest Mistakes (Mondaq, July 2019)
- Florida city fires IT employee after paying ransom demand last week (ZDNet, July 2019)
- Georgia County Pays a Hefty $400k to Ransomware (TechNadu, March 2019)
- Records of 15,000 Heart Patients Compromised in Crypto Ransom Attack (Crowdfund Insider, February 2019)
- Jackson County pays ransomware operators $400k to regain access to computers (Security Boulevard, March 2019)
- Ryuk Ransomware Attack Causes Delays at Boston Public Defenders’ Office Crowdfund Insider, March 2019)
- Big Norwegian Aluminum Producer Suffers Extensive Cyber Attack (Bloomberg, March 2019)
- Cyberattack Disrupts Printing of Major Newspapers (New York Times, December 2018)
- Papers battle malware as FBI investigates source (News & Tech, January 2019)
- Supply-Chain Cyberattacks Are Escalating. Are All Your Doors Locked? (Supply Chain Brain, September 2018)
Threat Intelligence and Awareness
Google alerts: Using strategic key words, set up google alerts to monitor security breaches or to simply be aware of current cybersecurity threats specific to your company or industry.
HelpNetSecurity: Offers daily security news with a focus on enterprise security.
KrebsOnSecurity: Brian Krebs, a journalist formerly with The Washington Post, offers in-depth security news and investigation.
Packet Storm Security: Stay aware of vulnerabilities that might affect your systems by keeping up with the latest cyber security news.
SANS Internet Storm Center: SANS constantly monitors the internet for any signs indicative of a malicious attack and makes its findings available--for free--to any internet user.
ScamSurvivors: Get the scoop on current scams in the media and how to avoid being a victim of online fraud.
SocEngineerInc: Twitter account run by phenomenal Christopher Hadnagy, the founder and CEO of Social-Engineer, LLC.
Steve Gibson: Steve Gibson, the founder of Gibson Research Corporation, provides a more personal perspective on cyber security.
Lance Spitzner: Lance Spitzner is a self-described security Geek, board member of the National Cyber Security Alliance, and the Director of SANS Security Awareness.
Hacking-Humans: Each week, the CyberWire’s Hacking Humans Podcast looks behind the social engineering scams, phishing schemes, and criminal exploits that are making headlines.
Recorded Future: This podcast takes you inside the world of cyber threat intelligence. Hear stories from the trenches as well as get the skinny on established and emerging adversaries.
The Privacy, Security, & OSINT Show: This weekly podcast presents ideas that help you become digitally invisible, stay secure from cyber threats, and make you a better online investigator.
Thank you for visiting our new Cyber Security web pages. The more we add to this site, the more valuable it becomes for our members and our industry. We welcome your suggestions, questions and additions.
For more information, please contact AfA Staff at email@example.com.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this site is provided for informational purposes only
and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
What We Do
NOT AN AfA MEMBER?